Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Thing 6: Flickr Mashups



I looked at Flickr Mashups and explored a bit. The thing that is most frustrating for me is that when you put in a term (eye, heart, lighthouse, whatever) you get all kinds of photos that do not seem to be related to what I want at all. I have always used Google images or Good Search images and had no problem finding what I want. I CAN spend time looking at all the choices to find just the right thing. Anyway, I used Good Search Images to find these individual pictures, saved them to my pictures, then inserted them into a Publisher page. Once I had them arranged the way I wanted, I grouped them and saved that as a picture. I then inserted that "picture" into my blog. This took me about 10 minutes which was a lot faster than it would have taken me with Flickr Mashups. Also, I wanted to select the image I used for each letter which I was able to do. Using Spell with Flickr, did not allow me to pick the image I wanted for each letter. Working with handicapped students, I have to be very literal, so I select my images very carefully. I also have to consider my vision-impaired students.
This was fun to play with and I would like to incorporate some of these pictures into some of the SMART Board lessons I am creating. I already use this technique to create posters, flyers, forms, newsletters, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment